Balsamic and Lemon Soaked Kale Salad
Aright so this kale salad is basically my new obsession for two reasons…
a. It is super easy to make
b. You make a shit ton of it and it lasts you a whole week
What you’ll need…
1 bunch of kale (99¢ @ Ralphs right now!)
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp Honey
1. Alright so once you’ve washed the entire bunch of kale and semi dried it-tear off the kale leaves from the stalk and rip them into smaller bite size pieces. (You’ll need a large bowl because one bunch looks like a lot of kale in the bowl at first, but once you soak it the kale gets smaller.)
2. Juice half a lemon into that same bowl with the kale. Pour 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil into bowl and 2 tsp of honey.
4. Now for the balsamic vinegar I don’t have a specific measurement..you don’t want to put a ton on there, but enough to taste it. Add 2 pinches of salt and a couple grinds of pepper.
5. Massage the kale for roughly 2 minutes with your hands to make sure all the leaves are getting wet then put it inside the fridge covered with plastic wrap for 3 hours.
6. Now you can add whatever garnishing you want to your salad. The original recipe I tried had Gorgonzola, walnuts and dried cranberries, but as you can see in the image above you can experiment and add whatever you like!
*Ive tried this salad with feta, heirloom tomatoes, sliced almonds, arugula, spinach, goat cheese. The possibilities are endless! :)
It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.
It’s the same for burning bridges. That first bridge is hard to set fire to but those subsequent bridges, hell, you find there’s beauty in the flames
Basically, I have two speeds…. Hostile or smart-aleck. Your choice.
It’s now very common to hear people say, ‘I’m rather offended by that.’ As if that gives them certain rights. It’s actually nothing more… than a whine. ‘I find that offensive.’ It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. ‘I am offended by that.’ Well, so fucking what.
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.
I just wanna kiss him, make him better ;)
“Challenge accepted!” —SPN fandom.
omg this is still going
IT’S A RULE TO REBLOG EVERY TIME IT SHOWS UP ON YOUR DASH.
Third time reblogging it today, and I regret nothing
Broke 5 Million!
WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING
it still ain’t broken what the hell tumblr
Greatest Selfie of all time.
There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.
Page 1 of 150